Tuesday, March 24, 2009

David Warlick... 'Personal Learning Networks'

As I was listening to David's polished presentation about Personal Learning Networks, I was struck by two main ideas: 1. there are a lot of tools out there, and 2. does this recreate the definition of the word 'content'?

1. There ARE a lot of tools. Thank you for showing some of the increased ways to incorporate this into my classroom.

2. My fear? Teachers begin to think that as PLN's in the classroom increase, content gets shuffled to the side; creating more connected-to-one-another students, but less-connected-to-the-issues students. The phrase 'bring today into the classroom' was a great concept I appreciated, to help teachers who have these concerns appreciate the value of incorporating (even in small ways) on-demand information into their classrooms.

I'm glad I attended.

No comments: